Saturday 28 April 2012

OMGG!

Gossip Girl (GG) is one of my FAVOURITE tv shows! And like the many million fans of this show, what attracts me most to it is the fashion and the brilliant styling. All hail, Eric Daman! The storyline is of secondary importance. Like most television dramas its a roller-coaster ride of sometimes intriguing, sometimes predictable and often annoyingly unrealistic plots. But 'fashion' is the constant star of the show! I rarely go back thinking 'I really want to see what happens next', mostly its 'I really want to see what they wear next'. 

Some of my favourite moments from the show...

Blair's (Leighton Meester) pretty, playful, girly yet sophisticated outfits & Serena's (Blake Lively) sexy, sassy, über chic looks:


Even the minions of the show like *Jenny (Taylor Momsen), *Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) and Ivy (Kaylee DeFer) had/have well-defined, individual styles...
* = characters no longer appearing on the show

Jenny Humphrey: Rock Chic

Vanessa Abrams: Boho Chic

Ivy Dickens: Wannabe Serena
I have to admit, I only watch GG around pay-day because every time I watch this show, it makes me want to go on a shopping spree and make myself look like Eric Daman styled me (on a tight budget, ofcourse). I can't resist things that look to me like "very Serena" or "very Blair" styles. 

IF Serena and Blair, fondly referred to as S & B, were to shop in Australian shopping malls on my budget (and that is a verrrrrrrrrrry BIG "IF"), I'd say their favourite places to shop would be categorised as follows:

"Very S & B" stores = Forever New, Portmans   
"Very S" stores = Bardot, Charcoal, Sportsgirl  
"Very B" stores = Dotti, Barkins, Myer Miss Shop
  
Recently, whilst watching the "It Girl Interrupted" episode I fell in love with Serena's look...


...and her skirt reminded me of one that I had seen at Forever New that I'd liked, but didn't realise how much until seeing S in something similar.
Siri Pleated Skirt
Lucky for me it was down from $59.99 to $49.99 less 40% off sale price and a further 20% off because the belt was broken (which is fine, I have many belts that go with it) and so I ended up paying $23.99 for the last one in my size! Patience pays. Now all I need is the perfect Bretton top and I'm all set.

You know you love it! XOXO, miss_pre.

No comments:

Post a Comment